Monday, February 1, 2016

12 weeks and 5 days...Dr. Appointment Update

2/2/2016
3:46pm
12 weeks 5 days




Yesterday we had our doctor's appt. at 12 weeks and 4 days. There was only urine analysis, weight check, and ultrasound. There was protein, sugar, and ketone found in the sample so the doctor will update what that means should some of these results repeat themselves at the 16 week visit. The doctor said my results could be due to my diet and skipping meals but he didn't explain this nor what ketones are well enough in English so I did my own research...

If you're suffering from severe nausea and vomiting or you've lost weight, your practitioner may check your urine for ketones. If your ketone reading is high and you can't keep any food or liquid down, you may need intravenous fluids and medication.If ketones are found in combination with sugar, it could be a sign of diabetes.

..So, I had gestational diabetes with m daughter. Looks like I'm going to have it again? I drink so much water already. And I thought my sugar intake was alright, too. I sure do hope I don't start fainting like I did with Victoria. My weight didn't change, still 130 after 4 weeks. As for the ultrasound, the baby definitely looked more like a baby this time! CRL was 6.44 cm or 2.5 inches, and heart rate was about 140. The doctor forgot how to find the heart rate with the machine, it made me so mad. So he calculated with the beats he heard in 15 seconds (35 beats) and multiplied by 4. There was a new measurement made called the BPD, biparietal diameter, which is the diameter across the developing baby's skull which was 2.1 cm or .87 inches.

The next visit will be at 16 weeks at the end of February. Instead of transvaginal, the ultrasound will be transabdominal. I'm hoping we can also find out the gender. Although, I've been having really strong feelings that it's a boy for a while now. We're thinking on a new name... Yujin...sounds just like "Eugene" but with a Japanese spelling to it...Hmm..???

Here are ultrasound pics:





I vomited in the shower last night and feeling nauseous since. I sure can't wait until the morning sickness phase ends. I'm still feeling my uterus hardening when I lay down throughout the day. No kicks or anything else though. My underwear is starting to get tight now so I'm going to looking into maternity wear soon.My gums bleed more easily these days....

0 comments:

Post a Comment