Monday, December 7, 2015

1st appointment at 4 weeks 5 days after LMP!

(JP time) 12/8/2015
4:55pm

Today I had my first appointment at Parkside Hiroo Ladies Clinc in Tokyo. I went alone since my husband couldn't take off work. I used both English and some Japanese to communicate with the staff there. It was my first time to see a Japanese OBGYN. The appointment went fairly quickly. I gave a urine sample and entered a small exam room with an electric chair that automatically puts you in the right postion for the ultrasound. I sat but refused the curtain they usually draw between the patient and examining doctor. And my legs were left open too long when they doctor left and the nurse was just staring at me so I think I'll take small lap blanket with me next time... It's kind of awkward to sit quietly without some kind of conversation with the doctor. She didn't ask about my diet, previous pregnancy, etc. Although she did tell me gestational sac was almost 3mm and that was ovaries looked fine. She didn't speak English so confidently, though. So, I hope my husband can accompany me next time and then maybe she can be more relaxed and easy going, even if its through speaking Japanese and not English. My husband can just translate to me. Anyways about our baby!!

The gestational sac was very, very small but visible :) And that's all that's visible in the 4th week, haha.I was scheduled for another appointment in one week. I hope we can at least see the yolk sac then. In Japan, it has been said that women are seen by the doctor more often in the beginning and less towards the end. I was really happy to get an ultrasound picture!!












The cost of the entire visit, even after presenting my insurance card, was 12000 yen! That's around 120 dollars, roughly. I don't really have 120 bucks to cough up every week for just an ultrasound picture..... :/

Anyways, its a nice looking clinic.



0 comments:

Post a Comment