Thursday, December 10, 2015

Schedule First Appointment with New OBGYN!

12/10/2015
7:20pm

After work today, I called Orito Clinic to schedule an appointment. It seems the receptionist who answered the phone couldn't speak English and the phone was handed over to the head honcho, Dr. Orito. "My name sounds Italian but it's Japanese" he commented later in the conversation. Nope, sounds Japanese to me, I wanted to say but didn't. He stuttered a lot but had a kindness to him that gave me the feeling he really wanted to take care of foreigner clients. He didn't rush me off the phone at all. He answered all of my questions thoroughly.

So, the appt. day and time will be Thursday, December 17th... one week from today. The cost of a first time appointment is 3300 yen (roughly 33 dollars) plus the cost of an ultrasound/pregnancy confirmation 5500 yen (roughly 55 dollars). He explained to me the reason they don't do urine testing as a pregnancy confirmation in Japan...It's because women have found out they are pregnant via home pregnancy test so they don't see the reason in doing what I've already done. Plus, he said, they can get a visual with an U/S, which is important (Thanks, Dr. Orito!). My weight will be checked at every visit. And I can decline to use the strange curtain in the exam room. He asked me what country I'm from and if I planned to deliver in Japan or in the States because that could change the type of care or tests he has me do. I'm really glad this doctor explained all of this to me. The female doctor at Parkside explained practically nothing. Anyways, I'll be 6 weeks at the next appointment. I wonder if we will be able to see the yolk sac, fetal pole, and or heartbeat??? And I'm so happy hubby will be there, too! ^_^

5 weeks pregnant today (from LMP)! Having some increased CM, tender boob moments, bloatedness, and mild cramping as usual. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment